Friday, August 3, 2007

Almond eyes

The black night beautiful beckons,

Calling me out of my own blackness

With melancholy thoughts I take her hands

And walk out on the silvery beach sands.


A circus wire, where ocean meets land

I walk on it, leaving footprints in the sand.

I look back and they are washed away...

I laugh at this, and to my blackness I say

Everything is washed away, everything goes

Except blackness, that even in such moments shows.


The wind murmurs in my ears, then what stays?

It plays with me, sings in my ears, tickles my face,

And begs me to answer. And I think, with closed eyes

And she comes to mind, she, and the thousand miles,

That lie between, and to the wind I speak of her,

And of the love that faded as the miles grew longer.


The wind in reply, shoves a great black cloud away,

And an eerie white light emanates, as the moon peeks out

A full moon on the beach, and everything becomes bright.

Think not of the miles, but think of your love,

As she too is looking now at this very same moon.

Everything else might go, but love never does.


I gaze at the moon, feeling a strange warmth on my soul,

The blackness vanishes, so does the cold, I feel her scent,

All around me, my friend the wind has brought it to me,

And I know she looks at the moon, with lovely almond eyes,

At the beauty of the night, and thinks,

Not of the miles, but of me, just as I do of her,

That is when I realize love never goes.

2 comments:

Moo said...

Enchanting, mesmerizing, real. I'm not going to make this verbose and ruin the sanctity of the poem. :)

Sushant. said...

U ROCK MAN!