Monday, September 24, 2007

We all have, at some point in our lives, reached a stage of depression where suicide seems an acceptable thought. Luckily, good thought prevails, and we refrain from pursuing. But here is a look at what happens when one actually decides to go on with it. Writing it was a different experience, to say the least. Provided a scary kind of thrill. Let me know if you like it.

This way….
There is none like me, the failure amazing,
The ship of my dreams- I have watched it sinking.
A shooter who has missed every target he aimed,
Woe befall me, for my parents I have shamed.
Through my errors, loved ones I have lost,
Promises I have broken, and friendships it has cost.
God, can’t you see, this life I do not deserve-
Dogged by failure, what purpose can I serve!

So that night when the world peacefully slept,
Under the starry skis I sat down and wept
For all the dreams, hopes and the loved ones
That I shamelessly lost, but had once.
Suddenly, like a lonely vehicle up a dark mile,
An idea takes root, and thinking of it, I smile.
All my blunders and follies now no one can mend,
But this pitiful existence of mine, I can easily end.

Now, bleeding and reeling, to the ground I stagger,
My wrists I have mercilessly slashed with a dagger.
Expectantly, the serene moonlit heavens I see,
Awaiting the second chance that god will give me.
As the warm blood gurgles and drips away,
My eyes close gently, a pity it ends this way…
And the world turns a melancholy shade,
And watches in silence as into nothingness I fade.

1 comment:

rucha said...

wonder how've managed to trap the anguish and that urge for salvation that culminates into a suicide..