Friday, November 21, 2008

Metamorphosis

Another poem from 2004. One of my favorites. It depicts good old fashioned possessive love. Probably unfit today, in these times of flirting, sms love and coffee shop romance. But truly one of my most special ones.


Metamorphosis

You, always the incandescent princess,
Oh so glamorous, all very glitzy,
Me, the idiot, forever obsessed,
With you, but truth I can never see,
That you and I, are just not meant to be.
Try as I might, I can never be your kind.

Pick me, throw me, just take me for granted,
For am I not your shadow, your footsteps;
Always there, yet totally ignored?
Soon, we shall part though, as the future beckons,
Surely, into your bright world you shall disappear,
Leaving me to grope somehow, for my destiny.

But all this while, you failed to realize,
A lurking intelligence behind my dull eyes;
A will that strengthens with the darkening of the skies,
A longing, a hunger, to escape from this life;
A desire to be someone better, stronger, and bigger,
A confidence that knows its possible. And it is too.

Some years later, your life I shall enter-
No longer the shadow, no longer the coward,
And charmingly swipe you off your feet,
To carry you into the night skies above.
Long lonely years spent waiting for this moment,
Knowing, though that no price is too high for love.

So I bide my time, for someday you shall be mine,
And I know my someday is never too far away,
So my lady, don't ever think you have seen the last of me,
For I shall return, once my metamorphosis is complete.

1 comment:

rucha said...

this poem has a class of its own.will always be the most special one.period.