Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not apart at all



Not apart at all


On pristine summer mornings that glisten with dew,

On clear spring nights mysterious, dark and blue,

On pale winter evenings, with sunshine scant and few,

With budding incompleteness, I can only think of you.


But all things in this world that threaten to crush a heart,

Life’s long lonely journeys, that oft end where they start,

Appear meaningless and inane, when at the heavens I glance,

At the stars that glimmer with the secrets of fate and chance,

I know you look at them now too, at this very same shine,

And somehow, somehow, it is like your eyes met mine!


I lean out of my window, savoring the gentle evening breeze,

That brings me your scent from afar, to tantalize and tease,

And as heavenly shades of dusk, like gentle drapes begin to fall,

I realize we’re thousands of miles away, but not apart at all.

2 comments:

rucha said...

i am seriously at a loss for words now..every time it seems u've reached the pinnacle and then u come up with something tht's even more spellbinding :)!!write on!

Unknown said...

wow..thats truly touching. if you've ever felt this way, you'l get goosebumps because ul b transported back to that moment.