Wednesday, September 2, 2009

If only

If only

If only her face on the screen, that oh so near seems,

Lovelier still, than in the most artistic of my dreams,

Could be reached out to, and with trembling fingers touched!


If only her tresses, that to mischievous zephyrs sway,

And in their jet black beauty, many a heart waylay,

Could brush across my face, just once enough to last!


If only her eyes, that from a million miles away,

In their lasting muteness too, so much appear to say,

Could glisten with tears of joy, and not separation or pain!


If only her voice, the sweetest of sweet sounds I’ve heard,

That speaks my name in longing, from across the wide world,

Could sound the same, as when in my ears warmly whispered!

6 comments:

rucha said...

plain genius!!! if only there were words good enough to comment on this one:)..the best part of it is its simplicity..

Kunal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chetas!! said...

exquisite poetry realy...hpe evrythngs gng on smooth der...me 2 planning 2 create my own blog 2 treasure my poems soon..

Priyanka said...

she is lucky:)....it cudnt have bn better! ure gud man! wat r u doin in engg!

Sushant. said...

I bet she cried when she read this..

Unknown said...

i cried wen i read this!! sob sob!!!

good one man. sadness!!!